Ethephon on Rubber Tree
Main Formulation :
90%TC(Technical material), 40%SL(Soluble concentrate), 75%SL(Soluble concentrate), 5%PA(paste)
Other Formulation: 85%TC, 720g/L SL, 480g/L SL
Ghemical Name: 2-chloroethylphosphonic acid, CEPA, ethrel
Chemical Formula: C2H6CI03P
Molecular Weight: 144.49
Physical and Chemical Properties
The pure product is the grey-white wax solid, Melting point is 74-75°C. It is readily soluble in water, methanol, ethanol, isopropanol, acetone, diethyl ether, and other polar organic solvents, and slightly soluble in aromatic solvents. When the PH is over 3, It will melt and give out ethylene, and can't store it together with alkali, metal salt and metal.
Ethephon can be used on cotton, tomato, banana and other plants to make the plant mature or improve the output.
1. Ethephon can promote female flower differentiation.
2. Ethephon can be used to make the fruit mature.
3. Ethephon can make the plant shorter and stronger.
4. Ethephon can interrupt plant dormancy.
Application of Rubber Tree
1. Function: Increase production.
2. Main principle: ethephon reacts with hydroxy compounds to release ethylene, combines with ethylene receptor glycoprotein in plants, catalyzes physiological metabolism, accelerates plant physiological and biochemical reaction process, stimulates bleeding, and increases latex flow.
3. Main Formulations: 40% ethephon SL, 5% ethephon PA.
4. Key technologies
(1) Application period: after the rubber tree is cut, apply the medicine on the day of tapping.
(2) Dosage: use 5~10 times of 40% SL, or use 1.2~1.6 g/tree of 5% PA.
(3) Application method: apply paste or liquid on the cut surface.
(1) Young trees and weak trees cannot be used, otherwise, the plants will age prematurely.
(2) Excessive dosage and times will cause damage to the tree biofilm, thus weakening the resistance of rubber trees, making them grow poorly, and causing rubber dead skin to stop gluing.
(3) Strengthen the supply of fertilizer and water.
!!!! The usage and dosage mentioned are for reference only, and the actual usage and dosage should be consulted with the relevant local technicians. Therefore, for the first time, it is recommended to conduct small-scale experiments.